An exciting opportunity has arisen within a small to medium sized plant, which forms a part of a large multi-billion dollar, global organisation.
Reporting to the Laboratory Supervisor, this position would suit an individual with laboratory experience and a genuine interest in analytical and environmental chemistry with a proven record in chemistry projects.
The main purpose of the position is to assist in performance of routine chemical and/or metallurgical analytical tasks, including sample preparation and sampling at assigned site.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Prepare samples for analysis using appropriate techniques and performs sample preparation for quality control program.
- Assist with routine chemical and/or metallurgical analysis and reporting.
- Maintain laboratory instrumentation and equipment.
- Work in collaboration as part of a small team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Right to work and live in UK.
- General education to GCSE standard with focus on science, preferably chemistry or a closely related field.
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures and applicable safety standards.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards, environmental regulations, and safety precautions.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word.
- Competent with handling hazardous chemicals.
- Analytical experience using classical methods.
- Experience using scientific equipment.
- Experience in lab work with emphasis on quality control
- GCSE Standard (A-C) Chemistry
Work is performed mostly in an office setting. Some work will be performed in the manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles.