This group is looking for a strong Junior Technical Project Manager to join their innovation team. They would like to see candidates who have a foundational understanding of a broad set of technologies, coupled with the temperament and maturity befitting a client-facing project manager. The successful candidate for this role will be responsible for running delivery and support for a range of live client projects working alongside their senior team and system architect.
The work will involve managing JIRA boards and participating in the daily stand-ups and SCRUM activities as well as reporting responsibilities on project status and ongoing activities. You will be full-time on a single client account and a Finance sector background is positive, though not mandatory.
The job will be 3 days a week at their client's location in Fenchurch Street and 2 days a week remote.
About the Group
They are an independent media group comprising of 5 specialist companies. They work with leading brands and businesses to deliver digital innovation and growth strategies which they then execute. Their business is about delivering results and developing long term relations with great clients. They need you to help them to nurture these relations with great interpersonal skills, creative flair, a straight-talking and proactive approach, and a sharp commercial focus.
In return they allow you the freedom to drive innovation and change where it achieves these goals, they also give you a great environment, team, external partners, and support from their office management team and the Head of Delivery. You will be required to be involved in multiple projects as well as the project P&L and ensure the team uses their project management processes and tools.
Successful candidates will have the following skills, experience and traits:
- Ability to manage small Workstreams / Tech management
- Very varied role, important to have a highly professional attitude, ability to plan and cut through madness to do presentations, good base understanding of tech, great to be Agile/Scrum certified, strong process abilities
- Great at project wash-up
- Analysis and reporting skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and the 365 suite
- Strong process development and documentation discipline
- Logical thinking and good planning
- Manage DDR pipelines, push developers requirements and delivery
- Client set-up, fund on-boarding
- Small projects, BAU management
- Presentations/business cases
- Client management