This employer is a long-established, successful family-run business based in the Hertfordshire/North London borders. This is an exciting opportunity for a keen and enthusiastic individual wanting to start their career in IT and join a small IT team.
The role is office based in Waltham Cross and multi-site support to their Hertford distribution centre.
This a permanent, full-time role as a Junior IT Assistant (1st Line) with some 2nd Line responsibilities, with direct reporting to the Head of IT. Due to the nature of IT and their business, weekend cover will be required.
The successful applicant will assist the department across the company. This will give great exposure to all elements of the business. They are looking for someone who is also confident and able to adapt with different interactions across the business and require a candidate with excellent written and verbal communication.
Training will be provided where required, however a minimum of 6 months experience within an IT support environment is desirable, including experience working with Microsoft Windows 10, and Microsoft Office 365.
- Providing 1st line IT support to the business, dealing with ad-hoc calls, email service desk requests, logging service desk tickets and being able to escalate to other IT team members
- Monitoring internal and external IT ticketing systems, escalating/chasing tickets when required and fundamentally keep the systems up to date and tidy
- Providing IT cover on Saturdays – responsibility of being the only IT person on site and for escalating critical 2nd and 3rd line support requests to other IT team members
- Responsible for ensuring staff joiners/movers/leavers procedures are dealt with accurately and promptly
- Making sure spare pre-configured equipment exists, so that devices can be replaced/distributed in good time when required
- Assisting with departmental IT desk moves when required
- Creating/maintaining user accounts in the company's business system, as-well as other company applications
- Responsible for various IT related daily checks and preventative maintenance of PC/Laptop
- Documenting and supporting the Company’s numerous Microsoft Excel and Word documents that have been developed in-house
- Assisting the Head of IT with any IT related tasks including PC/Laptop configuration, project tasks, cyber security, daily checks and re-occurring business system tasks
- Occasional support of internal web eCommerce team
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary package, including In-house training via Pluralsight, staff discounts, pension, and excellent career progression opportunities.