This company is looking for enthusiastic people to join their team of skilled engineers offering IT support from their offices in Stourbridge and Birmingham. The role will involve providing support and leadership to a well established helpdesk team.
The ideal candidate will have, as a minimum, a strong understanding of IT technologies (to include desktop, firewall, networking, backup, printers, server, cloud technologies) and have a strong desire to deliver high quality service to external customers, primarily within approximately an hour of Birmingham. The candidate may be expected to drive between their customer base and therefore a full clean UK driving license is required.
- To provide remote IT support, and effectively resolve issues reported to them and meeting customer service demands.
- To provide field based break fix support and complete solution installations
- To display excellent verbal skills whilst maintaining communication on both technical and non-technical levels.
- To build a rapport and nurture relationships with new and existing customers.
- To diagnose hardware and software incidents across a range of technologies.
- To maintain customer site documentation.
- To build personal knowledge of their product portfolio.
- To complete training and development plan to increase skills level on an ongoing basis.
- To provide organizational support and technical assistance to our well established helpdesk team
- Suitable personal skills to build relationships with clients
- Highly effective communication skills and phone manner
- Ability to handle challenging customer situations and work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise work-load and multi-task
- Positive attitude
- Strong Diagnosis skills
- Must hold a clean UK driving license
Technical Skills Required:
- Previous experience of working in an IT reseller environment to the requisite level of technical understanding
- Knowledge of sector and virtualization technologies. server, desktop, storage and application
- Ability to produce clear and concise documentation
- Microsoft Windows Server technology design and implementation
- In depth knowledge of Active Directory/Microsoft Exchange design and implementation
- Strong understanding and good knowledge of virtualization (Hyper-V/VMware) technologies
- Understanding of firewall technologies, networking hardware and software configuration
- Understanding of varying connectivity technologies (Leased line/MPLS/EFM/ADSL) is beneficial
- Good working knowledge and understanding of cloud based technologies (O365/Azure etc)
Monday to Friday, 8.45am-5.30pm
20 days per year plus Public Holidays.