This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking, fast moving and successful life sciences company, providing research data that contributes to the discovery of new medicines and the improvement of patients’ lives.
The company are looking for a fresh thinking, experienced HR Business Partner to join their experienced team on a 12-month fixed term contract. Ideally as a member of the CIPD, or having a HR degree, along with experience of working within a SME, you will play a key part in designing and developing progressive people policies and procedures that will both support the growth ambitions of the company as well as nurture and develop our people.
Whilst the main responsibilities of this role will revolve around delivering specific projects in terms of performance, talent management and succession and as such will require strong HR project management skills, you will also be involved in the day-to-day HR operations and so a real can-do attitude partnered with current knowledge of employment legislation will be required.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, you will take responsibility for
- Leading the implementation of the recommendations included in a Skills for Growth report regarding people and processes
- Monitoring and embedding positive colleague engagement practices and reinforcing a workplace culture of empowerment & wellbeing
- Leading and supporting Team Leaders in a training needs analysis and skills development exercise
- Ensuring career pathways are identified and robust succession plans are in place
- Ensuring consistency of approach, tone and use of HR policies and processes by coaching line managers
- Reviewing and updating the performance management processes
- Managing staff attraction, recruitment, onboarding (including probationary periods) and exit processes
- Identifying and leading strategic initiatives in areas of people management
- Implementing the use of HR analytics to monitor the health of the Company
The company offers a flexible, home/office hybrid working environment, a competitive salary, a buddy system to make sure you are supported and a great opportunity to demonstrate the true value HR business partnering can deliver. Details include:
- Annual Salary commensurate with experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible home and office working (some office time would be required)
- Bonus scheme
- Professional development training
The company are a family friendly organisation and during the interview there will be opportunities to discuss the flexibility you might require to be successful in this role.