As a HR Assistant at this company, you will work closely with the HR Business Partner to gain a full understanding of the employment life cycle and its application to the commercial environment.
Initial responsibilities will include maintaining HR and Recruitment Systems and supporting the end-to-end employment life cycle from recruitment and induction, colleague engagement and benefits administration through to offboarding. You will also act as the liaison between HR, line managers and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of 1st line queries.
As you grow in experience and confidence you will support the HR Business Partner in producing monthly management reports and detailed analysis of people trends, recommending people initiatives as appropriate. From time to time, you will also assist with HR projects as well as creating and curating policies, processes, and other HR documentation.
Benefits & Development
This Company has a strong coaching ethos where you will learn on the job supported by colleagues within HR and the wider business. Your professional development will be further supported through a college led apprenticeship training programme, leading to either a Level 3 – HR Support or Level 5 - HR Partner qualification, as well as Associate membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
Professional membership of the CIPD will act as a career launch pad into other HR roles, such as HR Advisor, HR Analyst, HR Business Partner and HR Director. Covering specialist areas such as Recruitment, Learning & Development, Employee Relations and Reward.
This exciting opportunity would be suitable for candidates either looking to take first steps into the world of HR or for existing HR colleagues looking to obtain their professional CIPD qualifications.
To apply you must:
- Have a good standard of education with a minimum of 5 GCSEs at A-C / 9-4 including maths and English (or equivalent).
- Have a full driving licence so that you may commute to the Kent Science Park Location and place of training.
- Be eligible to undertake a Level 3 or 5 Apprenticeship qualification in HR Support or HR Partnering.
- Ideally, have at least 12 months experience in a HR or Administrative position.
- Be self-motivated and able to plan and prioritise your own workload within agreed time frames.
- Be hungry to learn and willing to take on new challenges that build your knowledge of both the HR remit and the wider business.
- Be able to demonstrate an analytical mindset with excellent IT skills.
- Be able to demonstrate basic understanding of UK employment legislation.
- Be a good communicator, including written and verbal communication.
This company celebrates diversity and recognise that it is critical for their future success. They are working hard to make sure they are inclusive and welcome applications from all backgrounds.