This employer are a Signalling, Telecoms, High Voltage, DC, Low Voltage electrical and civil engineering contractor. Their main focus is in the Rail sector, working predominantly in the South and South East of England.
Their company culture is underpinned by a total commitment to the Health & Safety of all their employees, clients, general public, and of course a respect for the environment in which they work. Project Offices are located in Reigate (Surrey), Ashford (Kent), Central London and Bedfont (Middlesex).
They are looking to recruit a Health & Safety Advisor to join their Railway Assurance department. The role would be suitable for a Health & Safety Advisor with experience of working in the rail or construction industry and will report to the Head of HSQE & Compliance.
The role will be based at their offices in Reigate, Surrey but will involve making regular worksite visits and performing inspections at various locations, primarily in London and the South East of England.
Applicants must have experience of working in a Health and Safety advisory role.
- Health and Safety Qualification to NEBOSH Construction Certificate level
- Minimum of 2 years "hands-on" experience working as a Health & Safety Advisor in the rail or construction industry
- Excellent communication skills, assertive, confident and energetic
- Good IT skills
- Knowledge and understanding of risk assessment processes and techniques
- Medically fit (passing of Network Rail and London Underground medicals and drugs & alcohol screening is a requirement for the position)
- Personal Track Safety certification (preferable but training can be given)
£35 to £40k plus company pension, company van, laptop, mobile phone and iPad.
Base location: Reigate, Surrey.
Valid UK driving licence is required as the role will involve making regular visits to project worksites.