This role is for a unique lifestyle destination company offering a range of inspirational products and leisure activities including a large food hall, full table-service restaurant, a winter ice-skating rink and a horticultural department.
Having been trading for over 10 years, the business is established but is ready for the next expansion. Come and join them on the next stage of their journey, as they look to significantly expand the horticulture department.
They are an independent family owned business and have over 100 staff, many who have been with them for many years.
You will be joining at a crucial time for the business, as they look to roll out a large scale expansion of their horticulture department. You will be leading the horticulture offering as well as being a member of the general store management team and there will be significant opportunity for you to have direct influence over the development of their horticulture offering. You will have direct responsibility for buying and ranging as well as managing the current team and recruiting additional staff. They are a customer-focused business and it is essential you have a passion for customer service.
- Excellent horticultural knowledge in all areas e.g. bedding plants, house plants, hardy nursery stock, garden sundries and decorative garden products
- Several years experience in garden centre retailing, at management level
- Excellent people manager, who leads by example
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels, including other department managers
- A team player
- Impeccable customer service skills
- Experience with an EPOS system with the ability to create purchase orders and manage buying administration as required (training provided)
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- Salary of £38-£46k depending on experience
- 20% staff discount on all products
- 5.6 weeks holiday (inc. bank holidays) + your birthday off!
- Uniform provided
- Free Parking
- Monthly prize draw
The centre is based in Mears Ashby, 5 miles north-west of Northampton. Due to the location is it imperative that you are a car owner/driver.