This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced PHP developer to become a valuable member of a growing digital team, for a caring considerate employer, in a good working environment and with ongoing training and professional advancement.
You will be developing front end code for websites using the latest web technologies. It is likely that you will have a recognised qualification in development, with at least three years’ industry experience and a wealth of knowledge. You will be looking to move into a role where you can build user-centric websites that embrace great-looking content and where your technical output will deliver on marketing-focused objectives.
Your role will include building web templates, the templates you develop will be device-agnostic static that are SEO friendly, componentised and follow a style-guide driven format. You'll be collaborating with other developers to determine needs in existing and new projects and contribute to the vision of creating a centre of technical excellence.
- Writing semantic, accessible & modular HTML with templating languages like Pug(Jade)
- You’re into modular, scalable CSS written with the CSS preprocessor Sass (SCSS)
- You’re competent with XHR/AJAX requests & dealing with JSON,XML and HTML responses
- Knowledge of the DOM like the back of your hand
- Experience of Wordpress or other PHP CMS Frameworks
- You can use Git to version control and manage code
- You are comfortable with Gulp-based and Webpack-based build systems
- Experience with 3rd party APIs like Google Maps, Youtube
- You are comfortable with Development Environment Virtualisation (Vagrant or Docker)
Nice to have skills
- React.js or Vue.js experience
- Agile, SCRUM, Kanban
- User Experience (UX) or Information Architecture (IA) skills
- Build & Deployment Automation (e.g. DeployHQ, Azure Devops Build & Release Management)
- Virtual Infrastructure (Azure, AWS or DigitalOcean)
Working in a fast-moving exciting environment
A great team who will help motivate you to new levels
Remote options available - at home, in the office with free parking or a mix
Annual budget for you to up-skill
Investment in you
You're serious about producing the very best, so they make sure you're equipped to do it. You'll be provided with the tech setup that maximises your potential and lets you work with freedom. Just tell them what works for you.
They have a consistent digital team with very low staff turnover. Testament perhaps to their investment in and care for their team, it means that their team grows together. You'll work alongside some amazingly talented colleagues who will help you progress and you will enjoy sharing your experience to help others.