This is an opportunity to join a well-established, reputable company whose business is built on offering a high-quality of customer care and service, using state of the art processes. They have introduced several industry-changing innovations, which are presently driving an expansion of the business. They generally work within the South-East from their base in London Borough of Havering.
About the Role
The role involves emergency and routine attendance to properties damaged by occurrences such as flooding, fire and mould growth. You will be trained to prepare scopes of work, conduct relevant tests, construct a plan for remediation, estimate the price of works, complete contents inventories, set up, carry out and monitor the recovery process and, when necessary, write detailed reports and cost appraisals to update the clients.
You will liaise with an array of people including residents, loss adjustors, insurers and facilities managers. Clear, versatile communication skills and attention to detail are vital.
Your standard working hours will be 09.00 to 17.00 daily and you may need to begin earlier and finish later than those hours in accordance with customer requirements. They offer an out-of-hours service which means that you will sometimes need to be ‘on call’ to work on weekends, at night or on bank holidays for which you will receive enhanced rates of pay if called out.
They will provide you with relevant training. Damage management is a growing sector and they pride themselves as being constantly at the leading edge of new technology and processes. Career progression opportunities are excellent within the Company for candidates within ambition and drive to succeed.
- A full category ‘B’ or equivalent driving license which permits you to drive manual vehicles.
- Education: English and Maths at Grade ‘C’ or higher at GCSE or equivalent and relevant experience working in the construction sector or another relevant profession, or three A-Levels at grade ‘B’ or equivalent or a relevant degree..
- Preparedness to, as business needs require, work outside of the standard 09.00 to 17.00 working hours.
You'll ideally have:
- Experience working in the construction sector or another relevant profession. We particularly note professional or vocational qualifications and evidence of training.
- A ‘C1+E’ driving licence or equivalent.
- Demonstrable IT experience or relevant qualifications.
About the Benefits
- Once trained, your annual remuneration package will be around £30-40K. Earnings are not capped and, with enhanced out-of-hours rates, can be significantly higher.
- Access to a company dental and private health-insurance scheme.
- 28 days’ paid holiday including bank holidays (you will spend some bank holidays on call).
- Access to a company pension scheme.
Please include the names of two professional or academic referees whom they have permission to contact by phone after making you an offer.