Job Title: First Line Customer Support
Department: Technical Support
Reporting to / Manager: Technical Support Team Leader
Number of positions available: 2
Are you passionate about delivering excellent customer service? Are you looking for a company you can develop and progress with?
This employer are Gloucestershire’s leading provider of NEC, Panasonic and Samsung telecommunications. They also supply the UK with telephone lines, broadband, and mobile communications. They are equally as proud of their employees who have helped them to become one of the best in the west.
They are currently looking for two first line customer support agents to join their team to help manage the company's customers' technical support queries.
The First Line Customer Support role will be the main point of contact for inbound technical support enquiries and faults. You will be responsible for handling customer line and broadband faults, escalating to 2nd line support when necessary. You will also handle inbound calls to the technical support department, both internal and external, providing useful updates to the caller and / or routing them to the correct person. You will be expected to learn basic equipment configuration and longer term how to configure phone systems prior to installation.
You must also be able to perform general administrative duties to support the department and wider company like monitoring the tickets and arranging couriers where necessary.
All functions are to be completed in an effective and timely manner with strong attention to detail to maintain customer and inter-department relations, meeting all deadlines.
Being a varied role, you will need to be dynamic and be able to swiftly move between different tasks effectively. You are expected to be pro-active and diligent in all duties and tasks undertaken.
- Basic knowledge of line and broadband faults (training will be provided)
- Competent IT and Microsoft Office skills (including Excel)
- Proficient in company systems and processes
- Calm, quietly confident & friendly
- Comfortable asking for assistance
- Professional telephone and communication manner
- Be pro-active
- Handling inbound departmental calls
- Screening calls for the Technical department
- Accurately record and log interaction with customers and updates their systems
- Ensure appropriate escalation and co-ordination of enquires and faults
- Updating customers
- Updating other departments
- Configuring equipment prior to dispatch
- Speaking to customers
- Reporting faults to suppliers
- Undertaking any additional ad hoc tasks as required by the business
- Organisation of company documentation including filing, scanning
- Develop and implement procedures to maximise efficiency and accuracy
- Document processes
Seniority Level: Entry level