This SME business is looking for a Financial Controller to business partner the Factory Operation based on the A50 in Derbyshire. Commutable from Derby, Uttoxeter, Burton, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Loughborough...
Principle accountabilities will be to ensure that effective financial planning and costing processes are established for the manufacturing business and the preparation of monthly financial statements, MI reporting, cash management, accounts payable and compliance with statutory reporting.
The role is key to providing proactive support to the factory and operations management teams and the business is looking for a qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA), with manufacturing/operations and business partnering experience. You will demonstrate a proactive/hands on approach and a have strong propensity to get involved and make a difference. You must have great technical/digital and communication skills.
The business is a niche/growing industry going through a period of accelerated change and growth. The candidate must be able to work through this change, cut through what has gone before to drive continuous improvement and ensure robust financial cost reporting/control and also whilst educating stakeholders to make decisions based on good management information. The business is happy for flexible working arrangements but due to the nature of the business (manufacturing/operation/site facility) they require someone to have a strong presence on site, minimum 3 days per week.
You will have performed similar role in the past, either as a FC in similar sized company or broad Management Accountant role with established, well run company (i.e. exposure to good practice).
Principal accountabilities will include:
- Establish effective and transparent financial planning and reporting processes
- Prepare timely management and financial reports
- Ensure that annual, quarterly and monthly budgeting, planning and review processes are completed correctly
- Manage the day to day accounting management and controls, such as purchase orders, debtor management, cash flow
- Ensure that the right level of MI is completed. (ERP & MRP)
- Analyse financial statements and MI to highlight issues and provide appropriate recommendations
- Establish a process for ensuring proper internal controls, compliance and data integrity
- Provide effective performance management of direct reports via meaningful goal setting, feedback and coaching
- The package will be 60-65k plus 5k car allowance.
- Private medical
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Stakeholder pension
- There is an onsite subsidised canteen and parking
- Huge opportunity for career growth