Job role: Female* Support Worker – Permanent, part-time (20-30 hours per week)
Location: Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16
Pay: £13-£15 per hour – Day Shifts / £14-16 per hour – Waking Night Shifts
Shifts available: Flexibility to work shifts with a mix of afternoons, nights & seasonal cover is required. There are a variety of shifts available, any shift pattern will be considered.
- 3 afternoons after school 15.30 to 20.30 (20.00 on Fridays), Saturdays 08.00 to 18.00 twice a month term time.
- 3 nights a week including Friday & Saturday nights 20.00 to 08.00 & an extra night 20.30 to 08.30
- Seasonal cover i.e., school holidays. Hours to be mutually agreed.
Are you a Female* Support Worker?
- Confident about working in client’s own home and sensitive to the needs & wishes of the parents
- Happy to learn new things, (training will be given)
- Patient & tolerant
- Proactive with an encouraging approach
- Responsible & able to work under own initiative
- Cheerful, caring with a positive attitude
- Reliable, trustworthy & a good communicator
- Confident with moving & handling
- Hold a UK drivers’ license
- Flexible – to cover other care staff shifts to ensure the smooth running of the care team
- Non-smoker / vaper
Experience in caring for children/young people with cerebral palsy is an advantage; administration of medication, follow through on therapy, keep accurate records. Enthusiasm, patience, common sense & a willingness to learn are key aspects of the role. The ability to work alone is essential.
We are currently looking for a number of day & night Female* Support Workers who can be flexible in the availability of shifts worked. Our client is a young girl in her teens who has complex physical & learning disabilities. She lives with her mother, father & 2 younger siblings. She is non-verbal with sensory impairments, hearing impairment & uses cochlear implants. She has complex physical needs and is a wheelchair user.
Full support is needed to undertake all activities of daily living. She is fed via a gastrostomy and uses a combination of facial expressions. symbols and some eye pointing to communicate. She requires a high level of care both during the day and especially at night as our client frequently wakes & has an unpredictable sleep pattern. She uses CPAP to support her respiration at night and needs attention with regards to her gastrostomy and fluid intake.
Our client enjoys the company of happy, lively people with outgoing personalities. She enjoys playing with her siblings, has a fantastic sense of humour and loves joining in all activities integral to family life. Ongoing training and support will be given.
* The employer claims exemption under the Equality Act 2010
Satisfactory references & proof of eligibility to work in the UK will also be required. This position requires a disclosure request from the DBS. A conviction will not necessarily prevent you from being employed.