Exciting opportunity to join a local Shared Service Centre operating for a Global Japanese trading company. This position predominately provides a back office accounting share services support to all offices in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region.
This is a trainee first entry accounts position with opportunities to learn and progress throughout the company based in South Woodham Ferrers, Essex.
- This is a fast paced, high volume process environment
- You will be fundamental to supporting the Global parent company with paying invoices and expenses, issuing invoices to customers, bank reconciliations and other back office tasks
- Inputting data for multiple countries in multiple currencies
- You will be providing an excellent service and building relationships with colleagues across the region
- Education requirement is a minimum of GCSE A-C in Maths and English or equivalent
- Advanced (preferable) or intermediate skills in MS Office package, especially Excel
- Eye for detail essential for high numeracy and accuracy
- Effective problem-solving skills to assess problems, ask questions, brainstorm for options and search for solutions
- Ability to learn relevant systems/databases
Hours of work are non-peak Monday to Friday 8am - 4.30pm, peak (last working day and First 4 working days of the month) Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm
- Annual starting salary range £19,000 - £21,000
- Holidays minimum of 30 days per annum including bank holidays
- Death In Service - 4 times annual salary
- Free car parking within the town centre
- Pre-agreed 12 hours of flexible working per annum available
Overtime is expected at peak periods but not guaranteed.
The role is commutable from Basildon, Southend on Sea, Chelmsford and surrounding areas by bus, train or car. The successful applicant will be primarily Office based.