This company carries out a complete range of decorating, building and repair works across London, Kent and the South of England.
They are looking for a Driver to join their fast paced business. The Driver will move between multiple sites across the whole of London and Kent making deliveries or pick ups as required therefore the candidate must be comfortable driving for long periods and moving/lifting materials.
You will be responsible for responding to staff requests and managing your own day-to-day schedule ensuring you priorities appropriately.
Summary of Main Duties:
- Ensure that deliveries and collections are effectively planned so material and equipment resources are available as required to effectively complete works as programmed.
- Carry out regular inspections of equipment delivered and collected, ensuring that equipment is in good condition. Arranging write-off of beyond repair items, arrange repairs to equipment where appropriate to ensure compliance with H&S legislation.
- Attend meetings with supervisor and /or client as necessary to ensure satisfactory completion of works.
- Carry out equipment checks on site/s against inventory records as directed by senior management ensuring that all records and reports are properly filled in and copies passed to the Purchasing Department.
- Carry out all work in accordance with Company Quality Management System Manual and Safety Documentation, including the Health & Safety Plan and Environmental Waste Management Plan. Bring to the notice of the Contracts Director and SHEQ Advisor any improvements or additions which you feel necessary.
- Maintain the yard and head office stores area - ensuring that the area is clear and well organised.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Must hold a full driving license – If under 25, you will unfortunately not be eligible for this position as you will be unable to be added to our business insurance policy.
- You should be a confident driver
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Must be personable and a great communicator – able to adapt to different situations and types of people.
- A DBS check will be required.
- A company vehicle will be provided contingent on age (Ford Transit Dropside) and a mobile phone.
- Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 17:00 pm
- Salary: £23,000 - £24,000
To apply please send your CV.
All applications are assessed in line with Equal Opportunities Regulations and held in line with Data Protection Regulation for more information.