Our role is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced senior Public Affairs and Policy Executive to represent an industry body whose Members include several key sectors of the UK economy and to lead relations with Government, the energy regulator and other key stakeholders involved on energy policy.
Affordability and meeting our Environmental commitments are the watchwords in our aims for an energy system in this fast changing policy, so the reward of the work involved in performing this role will be that you will be central to assisting the UK’s major foundation industries meet net zero efficiently and cost effectively.
This is a senior stand alone post, but supported by one of the UK's leading Trade Associations, and amongst other duties will involve:
- Analysing energy policy
- Promoting the importance of our industries to the UK’s economy and environment
- Communicating the views of the collective membership
- Developing strong working relationships with the aim of influencing our stakeholders including Government, Parliament and the energy regulator.
Ideally this full time role will be Westminster based, but remote working and good access to London is an alternative we are happy to consider.
What are we looking for in you in return?
- Knowledge and experience of UK energy policy and energy regulation, and ideally a good technical understanding of the energy system.
- Good practical understanding of the UK political system and of Parliamentary and Government processes, where you have demonstrated the ability to develop positive relationships with political decision-makers and influencers
- The ability to analyse complex policy and summarising and presenting key implications in clear written or oral form to senior stakeholders who may not be technical experts.
- A self-starter able to work autonomously in a structured way, and able to prioritise the needs of a diverse membership
- Any relevant background in either a foundation industry, or within the energy generation, regulation or supply system, or industrial regulation and related political advocacy would be a definite plus.
This is a role that can make a difference - can you? If so, we would love to hear from you.