This is an opportunity to join the national charity advancing craft in the UK.
They build on the UK’s status as a world leader in craft, harnessing the power of craft to transform lives, to inspire innovation and drive individual fulfilment.
This role has overall responsibility for the management of CRM databases within the charity.
The role sits within the content team, ensuring supporter insight drives their activities to raise their profile and build new audiences for craft, as well as supporting colleagues across the organisation to optimise use of their CRM resources.
The Database Manager is the lead for data protection across the organisation.
- Manage the CRM databases, primarily Salesforce, improving processes for the capture, storage and analysis of data
- Acting as the Data Protection Officer, ensuring the organisations ongoing compliance with data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) standards
- Provide training, advice and support to other database users
- Run regular queries to ensure that data is robust and accurate and make recommendations for improvements in data quality and data management
- Administer data imports onto the database and ensure that the database contains timely, robust and accurate data
- Managing creation and export of data lists, including invitations to events, customer communication and partnership working
- Identifying and resolving database issues and promoting database use and accuracy amongst colleagues at all levels
- Working with the Digital Manager to ensure all databases and data capture systems are integrated and compliant with data protection legislation
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes (in particular Excel) and of managing CRM systems, including Salesforce.
- Excellent numerical, analytical and financial skills, with demonstrable experience of dealing with figures within a work environment
- Knowledge and experience of database management, data migration, data manipulation, segmentation, analysis and reporting
- Ability to think analytically and deliver effective solutions for data manipulation, capture, reporting and analysis.
- A strong communicator who is comfortable presenting data insight to colleagues across the charity
- Working knowledge of the Data Protection Act, GDPR, Fundraising standards and Codes
- An interest in contemporary craft, art and design
To apply please submit your CV and Supporting statement as one document by 7th August 2018. Interviews will take place w/c 13th August 2018.