The Company founded in 2013, entered the alternative finance sector as a traditional secured property lender based on a modern alternative finance funding model. The firm’s goals are to seek attractive risk adjusted returns which are inaccessible to prudentially regulated firms.
The Database Application Developer role supports and manages the Company’s lending platform. The lending platform (ALP) is an internally developed access SQL hybrid system critical for loan origination and administration. ALP includes: Loan Pricing, controlled workflow, financial transaction processing, Financial forecasting, customer relationship management, and production of management information. ALP was originally developed by two non-developers in mid-2017. From 2018 ALP was maintained by their inhouse development team
Highly organised and capable of handling multiple concurrent tasks across the full breadth of operations.
Preferred candidates will likely have the following skills and experience:
- Meticulous coding practices
- Attention to detail
- Significant experience of:
o MS Access system design and management
o VBA coded systems
o MS SQL Server
o SQL database design and management
o Development of data reconditions
o Migration of MS Access systems to SQL, C# or VB.Net
- Operating as sole developer, undertaking: production of technical specifications from business requirements, end to end development, code review and testing, as well as user management and support.
- Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Experience in financial services, preferably within investments and/or lending
- Experience of managing complex MS Access systems with SQL database elements
- Knowledge of Lean, agile, dev ops etc. would be advantageous
- Experience of working in a small team embedded within end users
Primary Role – Loan Platform Support
The primary element of this role will be support of ALP users and management of this system.
Secondary Role - Loan Platform Development
This is a changing business, which often leads to new functional system requirements, additionally there are ongoing needs for technical changes to the system intended to improve performance and stability; namely migration to SQL. Subject to business approval new ALP developments would be carried out by this role directly. Alternatively, in specific instances where temporary additional development resources are required overall delivery would be managed by this role.
The Database Application Developer is the primary specialist for the business regarding database systems.
In instances where specific knowledge or skills are required particularly concerning ALP, the Database Application Developer shall also provide user support to the business.