This company is looking for an experienced Critical Facilities Maintenance Engineer to join their 24/7 continental shift team at their Slough site.
As part of this role you will provide:
- Customer focused service
- High standard of planned preventative and reactive maintenance
- Proactive involvement in the on-going technical evaluation of all plant and equipment.
- Accurate recording and reporting of maintenance activity
- Carrying out operational and maintenance activities as directed, ensuring work is executed in a safe and suitable manner
- Working as directed to ensure timely completion of PPM’s and reactive work to SLA
- Identifying faults and accurately diagnosing root causes
- Monitoring and maintaining equipment performance to ensure correct operation of the critical services of the Data Centres.
- Management of Site permit process
- High Voltage Authorised Person & all associated duties including
- Management of Inspection & Testing programme
- Management of Fire Procedures and fire response team
- Oversight of statutory compliance, including water treatment and closed systems
- Previous shift working experience in providing facilities, operations or engineering in a Data Centre critical environment
- Working knowledge and understanding of engineering operations within Business Critical Environments
- Creating and developing SOP and EOP documentation and other related/similar processes
- Excellent attention to detail
- A flexible but non comprising approach to service delivery
- Ability to discuss and understand technical problems and resolutions with engineering specialists.
LV and HV switching experience
- Experience in operating and fault finding complex and integrated M&E systems including (Transformers, LV, Generators, UPS, Electrical distribution, BMS, Air Conditioning, Fire suppression systems)
Essential qualifications relevant to the role :
- 17th Edition certified or similar electrical qualification
HND or similar in relevant area (Mechanical, Electrical, Building Services)
- IOSH – Working Safely
- Good understanding of Data Centre cooling solutions and building services
- LVAP (HVAP Preferable)
- Membership/Affiliate of relevant institutes (IET, BIFM, CIBSE etc.)
- F-GAS / J11 (an advantage)