Location: Working from home (permanent) or at our head office, which is based in Market Harborough, Leicestershire.
Salary: £25,000 to £26,000 p.a. subject to experience + 5% pension + 25 days holiday.
Job Type: Full-time
Are you an ambitious and dedicated Copywriter with a proven track record of producing content in a B2B environment?
Would you like to work for a highly successful, well respected and growing team that specialises in helping businesses in the UK & Ireland obtain R&D tax credits and innovation grants? If that sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
The key objective for the role of Copywriter is to produce quality written digital content that is fully SEO optimised. Content must be exciting to read, appeal to our target audiences, boost brand awareness and ultimately attract new business.
If you have a passion for producing engaging digital content and understand all aspects of optimising copy for SEO, we’d like to hear from you. Also free to share samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles, along with your application.
- Writing, editing & proofreading content for company blogs, eBooks & whitepapers, case studies, website page copy and digital PR campaigns
- Manage and maintain content across our UK & IE websites
- Ensuring all website copy is SEO optimised & follows SEO best practices including keyword research, readability, internal & external linking, meta description etc.
- Identify gaps in our current content and recommend new topics
- Co-ordinate with marketing to develop and maintain an active content marketing plan
- Use Google Analytics to analyse website traffic and user engagement metrics to report on performance whilst also recommending changes as needed
- Work directly with the Marketing Manager to produce content marketing campaigns
Experience & skills required:
Candidates for the role of Copywriter must be a confident, self-motivated, results focused professional, with commercial experience preferably gained within a business to business environment.
Candidates must also possess:
- At least 2 years’ experience producing copy for a B2B audience, ideally for a financial services audience
- Educated to a degree level in journalism, creative writing or similar related field
- Excellent knowledge & experience of best practice digital SEO for copywriting & content marketing
- Strong storytelling skills with a keen eye for detail
- Experience conducting research using multiple sources to create original content
- Excellent grammar, spelling and punctuation
- The ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- £25,000 to £26,000 p.a. based on experience
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution (after 3-month probationary period)
- Work in a small, friendly, and supportive team with an excellent company culture
- Established company with a forward-thinking outlook
- 33 days paid annual leave (incl. bank holidays)