This company has been providing market-leading holidays for more than 45 years. They are true rail holiday specialists and no other company offers a better choice of inclusive holidays by rail than they do. They are absolutely committed to ensuring every holiday meets - and exceeds - expectations and as a result their valued customers travel with them year after year.
They now have an exciting opportunity on a temporary basis for a highly motivated and customer focused Contact Centre Assistant to join the UK’s market leading tour operator of escorted holidays by rail. The successful candidate will work in a growing and highly customer centric business in the heart of York’s city centre.
Some of the activities that the Contact Centre Assistant will be responsible for includes:
- Act as the first point of contact for incoming telephone enquiries on a multi-line telephone system.
- Complete a variety of administrative duties in support of the customer services department including covering Reception desk.
- Assisting customers with questions and queries either by telephone or email enquiry and where necessary refer them to the relevant department.
- Process all brochure requests.
- Work as part of a team to deliver the service and to undertake any supplementary tasks required to fulfil Company, team and individual performance objectives.
This position is predominately telephone based rather than face to face with customers.
The successful Contact Centre Assistant should possess the following skills and experience:
- Telephone reception experience is essential.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, along with a friendly disposition.
- Good IT skills with experience of Microsoft packages. Data entry experience is required.
- Strong interest in travel with good geographical knowledge.
- Capable of following written and verbal instructions and possess a clear and concise approach in verbal and written communication.
- Able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines whilst exhibiting excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written English and numeracy skills.
- Good general education.
- Good time management skills, with the proven ability to prioritise and be incredibly organised.
- Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
This is a full time temporary role for a period of 9 months starting asap.
This role will be worked on a rota basis and some weekend and evening work will be required.
Hours of work - 37.5 hours per week.