This company, one of the UK’s leading historic building conservation specialists, is currently working with two of Europe’s most prominent and innovative engineering and construction companies – Laing O’Rourke and Murphy – who have come together to form LM, a powerful joint venture, supporting the growing number of major transport infrastructure projects across the UK.
This company has been commissioned to design and deliver specialist conservation and user amenity upgrade works to a grade one listed building of national historic importance as part of the enabling works for High Speed Two.
The company's and LMJV teams are working together to provide a professional and dynamic service. On the back of a wealth of experience in planning, design and community engagement, we are utilising the latest construction methodology to deliver works, efficiently and safely, but all in the context of this highly significant heritage site.
Main purpose of role:
To assist in the commercial management of an NEC3 contract using CEMAR software working as part of the project management team, working to manage risk and risk reduction measures both up and down stream. To assist in the assessment of subcontractor applications and reconciliation with up-stream contract events, EWs and CEs. To assist in the certification and payment of subcontractor applications and issue notices and notification of payments as required. To assist with all internal commercial requirements.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Assist in the management of contract correspondence to ensure compliance with the NEC3 timescales and 'reply' periods.
- Assess and evaluate subcontractor CEs and instigate/reconcile up-stream CEs.
- Prepare Management Team CIs to subcontractors.
- Ensure that all new contracts have an accepted baseline programme and scope.
- Assist in ensuring that all subcontract reporting requirements are met.
- Assist in the completion and maintenance of information and KPIs required by the client.
- Assist in generating costflow forecasts and reports to accounts department
- Assist site management team with commercial issues and contractual support.
- Attend client-facing and internal review meetings and take care of day to day interface with client project management team.
- Assisting with procurement of sub-contract works packages as required
- Assisting with wider commercial demands of the company including involvement in other projects if required
- Attend all commercial meetings and assist in the collation of information for the monthly commercial report to the Directors.
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Thorough commercial understanding of the NEC3 Form of Contract
- Previous experience using CEMAR system (training can be provided if not)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office & SharePoint
Birmingham (HS2 Project) & Chester (Head Office)