This company is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to work as an Assessment Manager within their engineering section focused on the accreditation of Product and Management System Certification Bodies.
The office is based in Staines upon Thames, however the successful applicant for this role would be contracted as a home based worker from their UK home address.. The position involves extensive travel with frequent overnight stays.
It is expected that the successful applicant will:
- Have a good understanding of the European Directives relevant to the engineering sector and a broad-based engineering background to at least HNC level.
- Have experience of Management Systems Certification within engineering sector businesses.
- Be a competent engineer, with a keen interest in quality management and continual improvement.
- Be customer focused and have excellent communication skills.
Ideally the candidate will be:
- Degree qualified or able to demonstrate an equivalent academic level in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline.
- Aware and have prior knowledge of ISO 17021 and/or ISO 17065.
- Familiar with Environmental and/or Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Experienced in third party auditing or assessment with a mind-set of adding value.
The individual appointed will be responsible for managing the accreditation of certification bodies throughout the UK and overseas. They will appoint assessment teams, participate in assessment visits as either a lead or a technical assessor and provide support on both technical and policy issues.